1. Start Simple healthy eating APP
Meet healthy eating goals one at a time! Use the Start Simple with MyPlate App to pick simple daily food goals, see real-time progress, and earn badges along the way. This easy-to-use app can help you make positive changes. Healthy eating can help you achieve a healthier life overall. Get started with Start Simple with MyPlate!
Pick Your Goals
- Set goals within food groups (Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein Foods, Dairy)
- Choose from a variety of food goals or use the “Pick for me!” feature if you want ready-made goals and tips
- Sync up to your smartwatch (or do it all on your mobile device)
See Real-Time Progress
- See daily progress in each food group as you meet your goals
- Get simple how-to tips to help you meet your goals
- Select options for notifications and reminders
Get The Simple with MyPlate App
2. The FoodKeeper APP
The FoodKeeper helps you understand food and beverage storage. It will help you maximize the freshness and quality of items. By doing so you will be able to keep items fresh longer than if they were not stored properly. It was developed by the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, with Cornell University and the Food Marketing Institute.
Get The FoodKeeper APP
3. BAM! Dining Decisions App
Kendra, the food expert, will help you make smart food choices to stay powered up. Dining Decisions places you in control of your food plate. Decide which foods give you more energy and powerful muscles and which ones are better to eat only sometimes
4. HerbList App
Put an herb database in the palm of your hand
The herb info you need in an on-the-go package
HerbList gives you fast, free access to science-based summaries on more than 50 popular herbs, such as aloe, chamomile, ginger, and turmeric. Features include:
- Information on the herbs’ common names, history, and uses, plus what the science says about their effectiveness for health purposes
- Easy-to-find facts on potential safety problems, side effects, and herb-drug interactions
- A quick way to select your favorites, so that you can talk about them later with your doctor or pharmacist
- The option to work offline! No Internet connection is required for in-app navigation.
Find out what the science says about popular herbs
Shopping for herbal products? Take your herb database with you to the supermarket or drugstore. With HerbList on your phone or tablet, you’ll have information on the science and safety of popular herbs at your fingertips when you need it most.
Get the facts about herbs from a trusted source—the National Institutes of Health. Download HerbList to your phone or tablet. Download HerbList™ – NCCIH’s app for research-based information about the safety and effectiveness of herbal products.
Get The Herbal APP
6. Weight Loss APP
MOVE!® Coach is a weight loss app for Veterans, service members, their families, and others who want to lose weight. This 19-week program guides the participants to achieve success with weight loss through education, and use of tools, in an easy and convenient way. Participants can monitor, track, and receive feedback regarding their progress with weight, diet, and exercise goals.
- Self-Management Guides – educate the participant on a variety of weight-management success strategies using videos, worksheets, games, and other tools. Guides will be made available weekly or bi-weekly, based on your progression through the 19-week program.
- Weight, Diet and Physical Activity Diaries – for daily tracking of weight, diet, and physical activity
- My Goals and Progress – participants can set weight loss and SMART goals, and see progress reports and summaries
- How to Solve Problems – additional resources for overcoming barriers This app can be used by itself, but the additional benefit may be achieved if used in combination with treatment with your healthcare provider.